The Golf World editor again proves his ignorance of the LPGA once again. He listed the top 30 players on the LPGA Tour for 2008. Here’s the list.
1. Lorena Ochoa
2. Suzann Pettersen
3. Annika Sorenstam
4. Cristie Kerr
5. Paula Creamer
6. Karrie Webb
7. Se Ri Pak
8. Morgan Pressel
9. Juli Inkster
10. Catriona Matthew
11. Jee Young Lee
12. Brittany Lincicome
13. Natalie Gulbis
14. Mi Hyun Kim
16. Nicole Castrale
17. Stacey Prammanasudh
18. Seon Hwa Lee
19. Maria Hjorth
20. Pat Hurst
21. Angela Stanford
22. Shi Hyun Ahn
23. Sophie Gustafson
24. Angela Park
25. Ai Miyazato
26. Na On Min
27. Sherri Steinhauer
28. Laura Diaz
29. Christina Kim
30. Karin Sjodin
For brevity I removed Sirak’s comments. I got some serious disagreements over those rankings, but in all but one instance you can say it is a matter of opinion.
Except for one golfer
From 2003-06 This player won 6 LPGA tour events, at least one in each year. Her money rankings for the years 2002-2006-
You’ll ask what happened to 2007. She finished 81st on the money list.
7 events, 6 cuts made, 2 top 10s, $116,246 in earnings
Why the off year? The woman had a baby last June. She did not play an LPGA for over 6 months!
Who is this golfer? None other than 2001 LPGA Rookie of the Year, Hee Won Han. She should be the top 15 of any educated Golf writer’s list, if not the top 10. Han is no where to be found on Sirak’s list.
Just the latest indication Ron Sirak may be a closet racist. The goofs this man keeps making about about Asian golfers get harder and harder to swallow.
Update- Another problem with Sirak’s list. Jeong Jang’s low rating. Only placing her 15th. Since 2004, JJ has finished no worse than 12th on the money list and in the top ten every year from 05-07. 5th, 8th, and 7th respectively.
Now if you compare what Jang did over the last four years compared to 9th and 10th picks, Inkster and Mattew(Giving Catorina credit for being pregnant and giving birth in 2006 like I do for Han in 2007) and without weighing the fact that JJ topped both these golfers in 07 and is younger……well you got to ask yourself again if Sirak has a problem with Asian golfers.
- Golf World’s Ron Sirak is at it again
- Golf World’s Ron Sirak is an imbecile Part II
- 2008 LPGA Tour Preview
- Mi Hyun Kim gives $100,000 to Kansas Tornado victims
- Kraft Nabisco Championship preview
- Will Golf World’s Ron Sirak please pick up the white courtesy phone?
- 2007 LPGA Season begins today
- Jimin Kang wins Sime Darby LPGA Malaysia
- Natalie Gulbis- Is she golf’s Anna Kournikova?
- How will the LPGA be affected by the current financial crisis?
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
- Queen for a round?- Kelli Kuehne leads the SBS Open linked with OTB Sports
Comments are Closed