He was a 1st round pick in 2002. From AP-
BLAKELY, Ga. – New Orleans defensive end Charles Grant was stabbed in the neck, and a pregnant woman was shot and killed early Sunday in an altercation at a nightclub in southwest Georgia.
Grant was assaulted and had an injury to his neck, according to a statement released by Capt. Will Caudill of the Early County Sheriff’s Office. Grant was transported to Early Memorial Hospital, where he was treated and later released.
Early County Sheriff’s deputies responded to reports of a fight around 1 a.m. Sunday at a nightclub in Blakely, which is about 190 miles southwest of Atlanta.
In the incident, 23-year-old Korynda Reed of Blakely was shot, police said. She was transported to Southeast Alabama Medical Center in Dothan, Ala., where she died. Early County Sheriff Jimmie R. Murkerson said Reed was pregnant.
No arrests have been made, and the case remains under investigation.
This article states that ‘Grant has been released after being detained as one of several potential witnesses or suspects.’ The pregnant woman was supposedly shot. My condolences to her family.
- Saints’ Charles Grant indicted for involuntary manslaughter
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers S Jermaine Phillips charged with domestic battery
- Tampa Bay Buccaneer Linebacker stabbed by girlfriend
- Jacksonville Jaguar OT Richard Collier shot
- Jim Lampley Arrested for Domestic Violence
- Shaquille O’Neal wants to be Orlando Magic GM
- Chargers LB Steve Foley Shot Three Times by Police
- Former MLB Pitcher Brian Powell dead at age 35
- Two New Orleans Saints charged with lewd conduct
- Jesse Barfield Shoved Down Stairs by Son Jeremy
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed