This will be his second stint in St. Louis. From Reuters-
NEW YORK (Reuters) – The St Louis Rams bolstered their offense on Monday by signing former player Trent Green as back-up to starting quarterback Marc Bulger.
Green, 37, was with the Miami Dolphins last season but his campaign ended prematurely due to a head injury.
The Rams signed Green to a three-year contract but financial terms were undisclosed.
Green is a 10-year NFL veteran who has spent time with four teams, including the Rams in 1999 and 2000.
He suffered a season-ending knee injury during the 1999 preseason and spent the 2000 campaign as a back-up to starter Kurt Warner.
I wish Green would retire. His play wasn’t very good last year, partly because he looked afraid. Worried about another concussion, like had happened in 2006. We all know what happened in 2007 to end Green’s year.
Green is past his prime, to continue playing is taking a stupid risk so far as his health goes.
- Veteran NFL Quarterback Trent Green announces his retirement
- Kurt Warner May Be Benched for Matt Leinart
- Tulane linebacker Sule Osagiede killed in auto accident
- Kurt Warner May Retire after Season
- Rams bench QB Marc Bulger for Trent Green
- QB Kurt Warner announces his retirement
- January 10th NFL Wildcard playoff game predictions
- Dolphin QB Trent Green out indefinitely
- The Miami Dolphins want Trent Green back at QB?
- Terry Glenn Knee Injury Serious, Could Miss Season
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74