The incident happened last Sunday. From AP-
DALLAS — The NHL suspended Dallas Stars forward Steve Ott for three games without pay Wednesday for his hit to the head of Colorado Avalanche defenseman Jordan Leopold.
No penalty was assessed on the play in the first period of Sunday’s game, but the suspension came after a review of the play.
Ott appeared to leave his feet to make the hit on Leopold against the boards, and Leopold left the game with a head injury. Leopold missed the Avalanche’s Tuesday game against Atlanta.
Ott will miss Thursday’s game at Detroit, as well as games against Vancouver and Anaheim before being eligible to return March 22 against Los Angeles.
Ott forfeits his salary from those three games, amounting to $12,834. The money will go to the NHL players’ emergency assistance fund. It is Ott’s first career suspension.
The NHL some how thinks this is just. Ott puts a player out of the lineup for three games, and he gets suspended for three games. This kind of brutality will continue till the NHL throws the book at players like Ott, Chris Simon, Todd Bertuzzi and others.
- Alex Ovechkin suspended two games for Campbell hit
- NHL suspends Anaheim Duck Evgeny Artyukhin for 3 games
- NHL suspends Carolina Hurricane Tuomo Ruutu for 3 games
- Montreal Canadien Maxim Lapierre suspended for 4 games
- Steve Moore, 3 Years Later
- Dallas Stars Steve Ott suspended for eye goguing
- Dallas Stars- Sean Avery won’t return
- Have you no sense of decency?- Montreal Canadiens sign Andrew Conboy
- Ducks’ Pronger Suspended For Game 4
- Report says Vancouver coach ordered attack on Steve Moore in 2004
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed