What would an NFL football off season be without an arrest or two or three. From AP-
Cleveland Browns defensive back Kenny Wright was arrested Thursday after police said he led them on a quarter-mile foot chase that began in the parking lot of the police station.
The 30-year-old Wright faces a misdemeanor charge of unlawful restraint, a misdemeanor charge of evading arrest and a misdemeanor charge of possession of marijuana. He remained in the Pearland City Jail on Thursday night pending a bond hearing Friday.
Pearland police said officers were investigating a disturbance in the police station parking lot around 11:30 a.m. Thursday. When officers approached Wright, he took off running and was eventually caught in a nearby subdivision.
Police said they found 1.875 ounces of marijuana in Wright’s vehicle.
Wright, who attended Northwestern State in Louisiana, was a fourth-round pick in the 1999 draft by the Minnesota Vikings. The nine-year veteran also has played for Houston, Jacksonville and Washington. He has seven career interceptions
Wright is a journeyman player at best. Being arrested won’t further his chances of staying in the NFL.
- Rays Prospect Dukes Charged with Marijuana Possession
- Chicago Bulls’ Joakim Noah arrested for possession of marijuana
- Two Washington Wizards players arrested on South Beach
- Buffalo Bills RB Marshawn Lynch arrested on gun charge
- Slow speed chase- Miami Heat’s Carlos Arroyo arrested after traffic violation
- San Francisco Giant P Tim Lincecum charged with marijuana possession
- Texas Community College Women’s basketball coach arrested
- New Orleans DE Bobby McCray arrested for DUI
- Quincy Carter Arrested on Marijuana Charges
- Off target- Mountain biking champ Melissa Giove arrested on drug charges
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed