Jerry Jones has a plan for filling the needs for wide receiver and safety depth that he didn’t address in the draft: Undrafted free agents. Albert Breer:
Jerry Jones pointed to two positions as places of pursuit for the Cowboys — receiver and safety. Jones thinks that since the club didn’t draft anyone at those positions, each of which represents some need, Dallas will be attractive to guys undrafted at those spots.
So, the draft was so poor in talent at those positions of need that Jerry traded down five or six times and ultimately took some guys the team didn’t need. After all, he reasoned, none of those bums could beat out the young backups currently with the Cowboys.
Yet, at the same time, he thinks that the draft class was so rich in wide receivers and safeties that we’ll find some who made it undrafted that will make the team?
- NFL Draft 2006 – Round 1 #25 – Pittsburgh Steelers (from Giants) – WR Santonio Holmes
- Cowboys Sign WR Danny Amendola
- NFL Draft Not an Exact Science
- Draft Wisdom from Rick Gosselin
- Alabama Shut Out in Draft?
- Cowboys Reportedly Close to Signing T.O.
- Cowboys Use Injuries to Evaluate Young WRs
- Coach Parcells Speaks!
- Jerry Jones, Jimmy Johnson on HOF List
- Cowboys’ CB Anthony Henry Willing to Move to Safety
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed