As a result, Wang had to be removed from today’s game against the Houston Astros.
New York Yankees ace Chien-Ming Wang pulled up while rounding third base against Houston on Sunday and had to be helped off the field after scoring in the sixth inning.
After he scored on a single by Derek Jeter, Wang doubled over and pointed toward his right foot when trainers approached him. He put his arms over two Yankees officials and was helped off the field.
There was no immediate word on the nature or severity of his injury.
The chances are that the injury Wang suffered was minor. Today’s news reminds me of a pitcher in the 1970′s named Scipio Spinks. Spinks was a talented and wild flamethrower with the Cardinals when he tore his ankle up in a homeplate collision with Johnny Bench. Spinks’ never recovered from the injury.
- Chinese Gymnast Wang Yang Paralyzed
- Dolphin QB Trent Green out indefinitely
- Johnson to Arizona Deal All But Done
- Yankee News – November 29 edition
- Baltimore Oriole pitcher injures arm filming promotional spot
- Yankees vs. Indians LDS Game 1 preview
- Houston Cougar WR fractures leg after running into cart
- Former MLB Pitcher Herb Score dead at 75
- NY Islanders forward Doug Weight out six weeks with MCL sprain
- Randy Johnson Traded to Diamondbacks
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed