He was released from jail, but won’t play in this coming Sunday’s game. From AP-
INDIANAPOLIS — Indianapolis Colts starting defensive tackle Ed Johnson was arrested early Wednesday on a drug possession charge.
Colts president Bill Polian said the team was still gathering facts about the case before determining how it will discipline Johnson, but Johnson will not play Sunday at Minnesota.
“He will not play this week, for sure,” coach Tony Dungy said.
Polian said Johnson was stopped for speeding between midnight and 1 a.m. on Interstate 465 just north of Indianapolis. Police also charged him with marijuana possession.
He later was released on bond from the Hamilton County Jail.
Johnson was temporarily expelled from Penn State in 2005 for violating the school policy on sexual misconduct and confining another student against the student’s will. He was reinstated in 2006, but later suspended for the Outback Bowl for violating team rules.
Sounds to me as if Johnson hasn’t grown up yet. Maybe this will wake this football player up, but I doubt it.
- Chicago Bulls’ Joakim Noah arrested for possession of marijuana
- Quincy Carter Arrested on Marijuana Charges
- Texas Community College Women’s basketball coach arrested
- Cincinatti Bengals cut Chris Henry
- Bears Waive Tank Johnson
- Atlanta Falconsâ€™ OT Quinn Ojinnaka arrested over Facebook fracas
- Browns DB Kenny Wright jailed
- San Francisco Giant P Tim Lincecum charged with marijuana possession
- Rays Prospect Dukes Charged with Marijuana Possession
- Baltimore Ravens acquire WR Donte Stallworth
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed