For shaking a newsborn baby boy. From AP-
MANHATTAN, Kan. (Sept. 19) – Kansas State running back Leon Patton was accused of shaking a 2-month-old boy and charged with child abuse. He was dismissed from the team Friday.
The 20-year-old junior was arrested and jailed Thursday on $30,000 bond for his actions July 15, police said.
Patton shook the baby “feloniously and intentionally,” according to the arrest warrant. Police spokesman Lt. Kurt Moldrup said the matter was reported to police when it happened, prompting an investigation. He would not provide information on the now-4-month-old boy’s whereabouts or condition.
Patton already had been suspended from the team after a July traffic stop led to the discovery of outstanding warrants from 2007, one for stealing two video games from a Wal-Mart. He also was cited for an unpaid parking ticket. After pleading no contest, Patton was sentenced to six months’ probation and fined $100.
Kansas State coach Ron Prince announced Patton’s dismissal from the team. The school said it would make no further comment because of the investigation.
Was there any relationship between Patton and the child?
Only idiots or sickos do what Patton is accused of. It is well documented the dangers of shaking such a young child If found guilty of child abuse, I hope this Patton gets to spend a long time in jail.
- Caddy gets eaten by golf course employees
- Oregon QB Jeremiah Masoli charged with one count of burglary
- Charges dropped against four coaches and officials related to New Mexico HS hazing incident
- NFL fines 5 Atlanta Falcons for Michael Vick tributes
- Renault summoned by FIA to explain Singapore Grand Prix crash
- Tiger Woods and his wife expecting first child
- Nevada Wolfpack golf team put on probation
- Two Montreal Canadiens Players Arrested in Florida
- Tony La Russa pleads guilty to DUI charge
- Washington Redskins’ Safety Sean Taylor dead at 24
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed