3rd base coach Dale Sveum will take off as Manager. From AP-
MILWAUKEE – The Milwaukee Brewers have fired manager Ned Yost in the midst of a late-season slump that has jeopardized the team’s chances of making the playoffs for the first time since 1982.
Third-base coach Dale Sveum will become interim manager for the remainder of the season.
The Brewers have lost seven of their last 10, and share the NL wild-card lead with Philadelphia.
This is a really almost unheard of move for a team with postseason possibilities. It is usually teams playing badly or underpeforming that have their managers fired in September.
Since Sveum has never managed in the majors before, who’s to say he’ll be an improvement on Yost.
- Ken Macha hired to manage Milwaukee Brewers
- Kansas City Royals fire Manager Trey Hillman
- Return engagement- Milwaukee Brewers acquire reliever David Weathers
- Milwaukee Brewers want call overturned and no-hitter given to CC Sabathia
- Milwaukee Brewers release reliever Jorge Julio
- Hall, Brewers Agree to 4yr $24M Deal
- Jeff Suppan signs with Brewers for 4yrs $42M
- Brewers Won’t Enact Clubhouse Beer Ban
- Milwaukee Brewers claim P Marco Estrada
- Veteran reliever Salomon Torres announces his retirement
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed