This in order to shore up the defending Super Bowl Champs’ battered Defensive line.
EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. — The New York Giants shored up their defensive end position by signing former Philadelphia Eagles first-round pick Jerome McDougle.
A source told ESPN.com’s John Clayton that McDougle receives a one-year, $1 million deal.
The Super Bowl champions lost seven-time Pro Bowler Michael Strahan to retirement in June and then had two-time Pro Bowler Osi Umenyiora sidelined with a season-ending knee injury a little more than a week ago in a game against the Jets.
New York moved Mathias Kiwanuka from linebacker back to defensive end days after Umenyiora was hurt.
A first round pick in 2003, McDougle was cut by Philadelphia on Saturday. He played in 33 games in five seasons and had three sacks. He missed all of last season with a triceps injury and was out for all of 2005 after being shot in the abdomen during a robbery during the offseason.
Jerome is the older brother of Stockar McDougale, an alumni of Deerfield Beach High School in Florida.(The school’s mascot is The Bucks) The same school I attended from 1976-1979. I don’t know whether Jerome went to DBHS also.
Good luck Jerome and Go Bucks!
- Jevon Kearse Out for Season with Knee Injury
- Giants 2006 recap and 2007 preview
- Lions Shaun Rogers Suspended for OTC Drugs
- Milwaukee Bucks fire coach Terry Stotts
- Jerome Bettis’ Father Johnie Dies of Heart Attack
- Bettis to Hall of Fame
- Patriots Awesome But No Lock to Win Super Bowl
- NY Giants trade TE Shockey to New Orleans
- NFL Draft 2008 – Round 1 #7 – New Orleans Saints – DT Sedrick Ellis (via New England via 49ers)
- Former Minnesota Viking safety Karl Kassulke dead at 67
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed