It is for a helmet to helmet hit in last Sunday’s game against Atlanta. From AP-
Tampa Bay Buccaneers rookie cornerback Elbert Mack was suspended one game without pay by the NFL on Tuesday for a helmet-to-helmet hit on Atlanta Falcons quarterback Matt Ryan.
The league said the flagrant violation of player safety rules was the second in three games for the undrafted free agent, who was fined $5,000 for an unnecessary roughness foul against Houston Texans quarterback Alex Brink during the Bucs’ preseason finale Aug. 28.
The hit against Ryan occurred Sunday when the NFL said Mack unnecessarily launched himself into the rookie quarterback and made helmet-to-helmet contact during an interception return play.
I haven’t seen a video of the play in question, but I’m hazarding a guess that the hit was pretty flagrant. Accidnetal contact shouldn’t lead to suspensions, but the NFL fines or penalizes players for end zone celebrations. What ever happened to the days of Billy ‘White Shoes’ Johnson?
- Dallas Cowboys New Uniforms for 2010?
- Oh Crap – Big Ben in Motorcycle Accident
- Roethlisberger Fined for Motorcycling Without a License
- Dallas Cowboys Uniform Changing for 2010?
- Big Ben: “If I ever ride again, it certainly will be with a helmet.”
- Carolina Panther Dante Wesley receives one game suspension
- Darrent Williams and Damien Nash Remembered
- Not Standing Pat- Miami Dolphins cut QB Pat White and WR Patrick Turner
- Roethlisberger May Be Ready for Season Opener
- Double whammy- Two Dolphin QBs injured in 30-24 loss to Pittsburgh
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed