Phillips doesnâ€™t mind losing. Lord knows, heâ€™s had a lot of practice. Heâ€™s 0-for-career in winning playoff games as a head coach. When a 13 win team with 15 Pro Bowlers loses at home to a team it beat twice in the regular season, itâ€™s fine. After all, they made it to the second round of the playoffs after a bye week. That counts as 14 wins!
When the team loses at home to a Washington Redskins squad with a depleted secondary, getting thoroughly outcoached along the way, itâ€™s no biggee. Lots of season left! When the team nearly loses to the 0-5 Cincinnati Bengals, whose quarterback is playing hurt, â€œEverybodyâ€™s happy!â€
This team is too talented to play this sloppy so often. They seem to be going through the motions. And relying on owner Jones to give them pep talks! Jean-Jacques Taylor says the Cowboys â€œneed more fire from their head coach.â€ But Phillips simply doesnâ€™t have any fire. And itâ€™s not like heâ€™s liable to get any at this point in his career.
[Phillips is] too defensive to go into detail about any of this team’s few flaws.
You don’t last 32 years in the NFL living off your daddy’s name. Phillips is a good coach, but you can’t deny this team has lost some of its edge under his leadership.
Championship teams are driven to perfection, though they understand it’s impossible to achieve. They bury bad teams like Cincinnati instead of nearly blowing a 17-0 lead at home.
Indeed.Â You can bet Jimmy Johnson would be going nuts right now were he the coach.Â Some poor performers would be turning in their playbook and he’d have had the team fired up.
That’s not Wades’ style.Â It never was and never will be.
It’s time to replace him as head coach.Â Jason Garrett’s young but he’s a motivator and disciplinarian.Â Go ahead and move him up rather than waiting until after another disappointing playoff performance.
Make Wade the assistant head coach and put him in charge of fixing the underperforming defense.Â That, we know he can do.
And, hey, we might as well get rid of Bruce Read and bring back Joe Avezzano while we’re at it.Â The special teams need some fire, too.
- Fire Wade Phillips Today
- Wade Phillips Top Choice to Replace Parcells?
- Wade Phillips a People Person
- Wade Phillips Still in Running for the Cowboys Job
- Norv Turner ‘No Hard Feelings’ About Cowboys Job
- Cowboys Add Dat Nguyen and Wes Phillips to Coaching Staff
- Why Wade Phillips?
- Cowboys Hire Wilson and Read to Coaching Staff
- Wade Phillips Gets to Work on Assembling Staff
- JJT Nails it Again (Dallas Cowboys)
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed