The incident happened in a game Friday night. From AP-
Columbus Blue Jackets center Michael Peca has been suspended indefinitely by the NHL for making contact with an on-ice official.
The team and league announced the suspension on Saturday. Peca was automatically suspended per Rule 41, Physical Abuse of Officials, Category 2.
He was assessed a game misconduct penalty at 5:21 of the second period of the Blue Jackets’ season opener on Friday night at Dallas, which they went on to win 5-4 on Rick Nash’s goal in overtime.
Peca, an alternate captain, has appealed but will remain suspended pending a hearing to be scheduled next week.
If Peca bumped the ref, he deserves some kind of suspension. That behavior should never be condoned.
- Snapped- Nashville beats Columbus 4-3
- Goalie Steve Mason at it again- Columbus blanks Ottawa 1-0
- Does it look as if I need help?- Columbus routs Detroit 8-2
- Columbus Blue Jackets fire Coach Ken Hitchcock
- Carolina Hurricane Goalie Cam Ward taken to hospital with a cut in his leg
- Rookie Goalie Steve Mason stymies Washington, Columbus wins 3-0
- NHL suspends Phoenix defenseman Ed Jovanovski for 2 games
- Blue Jackets Pascal Leclaire is out for the season
- Alex Ovechkin ejected for hit on Brian Campbell
- Toronto’s Nik Antropov suspended 3 games for throwing stick
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed