His back to back seventies at a tournament in Hong Kong advance him to weekend play.
A Hong Kong teenager became the youngest player ever to make the cut at a European Tour event on Friday, breaking the record set by current world No. 2 Sergio Garcia.
Fourteen-year-old Jason Hak shot a 70 in each of the first two rounds at his home tournament, the $2.5 million Hong Kong Open. He just made the even-par 140 cut at the end of the second round by drilling a 150-yard approach onto the 18th green and holing a 10-foot putt for birdie.
Jason Hak’s golf idol growing up was Tiger Woods. But he’s not thinking about becoming Asia’s version of the world’s greatest golfer just yet.
Garcia was 15 years, 46 days old when he made the cut at the Turespana Open Mediterrania in Valencia, Spain, in 1995.
Hak, who is 14 years, 304 days old, has no immediate plans to turn professional.
But will he sign an endorsement deal with Nike? Yes, the European golf Tour plays in Asia. They just came off events in China and Singapore.
- HSBC Champions in China elevated to World Golf Championship event
- Season opener- PGA Tour SBS Championship begins today
- Will Tiger Woods be rusty when he returns to the PGA Tour?
- Tiger Woods to Skip PGA Tour’s Season Opener
- When Irish eyes are smiling…again- Padrig Harrington wins the PGA Championship
- Anthony Kim wins Wachovia; Youngest PGA Tour winner in 6 years
- Tiger Woods Has 50 Tour Wins at Age 30
- Tiger Woods Misses Cut at U.S. Open
- Tiger Woods wins his 7th straight PGA Tour title
- Sergio Leads, Tiger 7 Back, Phil Misses Cut
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed