Its been nine years since another Mid-American school(Marshall) had a similar season. From AP-
Ball State had everything planned Tuesday night.
It hand-picked the celebratory music, and fans crashed the party by waving signs and flags as they danced with players near midfield. Yes, after waiting nearly 60 years for a perfect regular season, the Cardinals made sure they got this one right.
MiQuale Lewis ran for three touchdowns and set a school single-season record, Nate Davis threw for one score and ran for another and even the defense got into the end zone as No. 15 Ball State rolled to a 45-22 victory over Western Michigan, clinching a spot in the Mid-American Conference championship game.
Ball State will at most go to a 2nd tier bowl game. When growing up I remember another not well known Indiana school making a run for the national championship in NCAA basketball. It was Indiana State led by Larry Bird. That school made the NCAA championship game but lost to Michigan. No such Cinderella near miss in Ball State’s immediate future.
- Cornell wraps up Ivy League title and NCAA tournament bid with 95-76 win over Brown
- Michigan State Hires Cincy’s Mark Dantonio
- Revenge of the Nittany Lions?
- USC Leaps Over Michigan in BCS Poll
- Frozen Four Field Set
- North Dakota to sue NCAA over nickname
- On the warpath- Florida St. beats Ohio St. 37-6
- Easiest College Football Schedules
- Houston Cougars Basketball Coach Tom Penders resigns
- Memphis Slammed, Calipari Skates Again
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed