Cleveland Browns general manager Phil Savage sent an e-mail containing an expletive in response to a disparaging message he received from a fan during the team’s Monday night game against Buffalo, coach Romeo Crennel confirmed Thursday.
Crennel said he spoke with Savage, who sent the e-mail during Cleveland’s 29-27 win over the Bills.
“We all get frustrated at times,” Crennel said. “Phil generally, like the rest of us, tries to be professional and hold it in. But sometimes some things slip out. It’s unfortunate that it slipped out. Tough times, tough things happen. I’m sure that if we had it to do over again we’d do it a little bit differently.”
Savage’s e-mail exchange with the fan was first reported on sports blog deadspin.com.
Savage has not yet commented on the e-mail.
Outside the Ohio area, is there really anyone who cares about this news? A football executive used a curse word! What’s next, prostitutes will start asking for money in return for sex?
- Cleveland Browns fire coach Romeo Crennel
- Brady Quinn holding out on the Cleveland Browns
- Cleveland Browns name
ballboyEric Mangini head coach
- Browns Fire Offensive Coordinator Maurice Carthon
- Trade Down, Mr. Savage
- Dallas – Cleveland Draft Day Trade
- How dumb is Sports Illustrated?
- Racing greyhound electrocuted in ‘unfortunate accident’
- Welcome to OTB Sports
- Browns Sign Center LeCharles Bentley
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed