Before yesterday’s game the Devil forward had two goals for the entire 2008-09 season. From AP-
Dainius Zubrus had one of the best offensive games in New Jersey Devils history.
Zubrus tied a team record with four goals to help New Jersey win its season-high fourth straight game, 7-3 over the Tampa Bay Lightning on Sunday.
“I had chances,” Zubrus said. “Since I’ve played with Brian Gionta and Patrik Elias, I’ve had more chances than I had before. They just started going in.”
Zubrus, who entered with two goals this season, completed his four-goal effort in the third with a breakaway goal at 7:22 and on a shot from the slot with 5:22 left to play.
You give up seven goals to New Jersey, not exactly a scoring powerhouse. Someone try explaining to me why Tampa was considered a Stanley Cup contender before the season began?
- Ottawa Senator Daniel Alfredsson scores 7 pts in win over Tampa Bay
- How did anyone think Tampa Bay could be a Stanley Cup contender this year?
- Clipping their wings- Florida pounds Atlanta 8-4
- Slap shot- Carolina beats NJ 2-1 in overtime
- Does it look as if I need help?- Columbus routs Detroit 8-2
- Toronto Maple Leaf Wade Belak scores 1st NHL goal in nearly 4 years
- Minnesota Wild Marian Gaborik scores five goals vs. NY Rangers
- Blue Jackets Pascal Leclaire is out for the season
- Florida Panther Steven Reinprecht scores a hat trick in less than one period
- Brent Sutter wins his first game as an NHL Coach
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed