He suffered a arm injury in a game played last Monday. From AP-
Florida winger Richard Zednik will be out for several weeks after injuring his left arm during Monday night’s 3-2 victory over Carolina.
Zednik was hurt in the second period when he was checked into the boards behind the Carolina net by defenseman Josef Melichar.
“It looks fairly long-term, weeks anyway,” coach Pete DeBoer said.
Zednik missed the final 24 games of last season after his neck was slashed by the skate of teammate Olli Jokinen during a Feb. 10 game at Buffalo.
Zednik has three goals and five assists this season.
The injuries continue to pile up for the cats. Bryan Allen is out indefinitely, Cory Stillman has a concussion and is sidelined at present, before that Bryan McCabe(What’s this about Bryans all getting hurt) missed 10 games due to a back injury, now Zednik. Zednik hasn’t been particularly productive, but he was having a better year than veteran forwards Ville Peltonen, Rostislav Olesz, and Brett McLean. Florida is going to struggle to play .500 hockey this year.
- Florida Panther Defenseman Bryan Allen ‘out indefinitely’
- Will George Johnson of the Calgary Herald please pick up the black courtesy phone
- FL Panthers win in Edmonton for the first time since 1996
- Holding on for dear life- Florida Panthers defeat Tampa 4-3
- Stick a fork in them- The Florida Panthers are through for 2007-08
- Florida Panther Forward Richard Zednik signs with Russian league team
- To hell with them- Florida whips New Jersey Devils 4-0
- Rout- Florida Panthers beat Toronto Maple Leafs 8-0
- Florida Panther Richard Zednik rushed to hospital with neck injury
- Florida Panthers update
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed