It’s going to be a long year for South Florida hockey fans. From AP-
GLENDALE, Ariz. â€“ Olli Jokinen had a goal and an assist against his former Florida teammates in the Phoenix Coyotes’ 4-1 win over the Panthers on Saturday night.
Jokinen was traded from Florida to Phoenix for defensemen Keith Ballard and Nick Boynton during the offseason.
Mikkel Boedker added a pair of goals for Phoenix, marking the first multigoal game of the rookie’s early NHL career.
Florida has lost six straight (0-5-1).
Phoenix’s Ilya Bryzgalov stopped 26 shots to improve to 5-5 this season.
The Panthers took an early lead when Richard Zednik scored during a goal mouth scramble at 13:49 of the opening period. It was Zednik’s third point in 11 games.
Zednik is just one of a group of over the hill vets filling Florida’s roster. Can’t this team find players in the minors, Sweden, or Outer Mongolia that can produce more than Zednik, Bret McLean, Radek Dvorak etc?
Florida’s six losses have come against- St. Louis, Ottawa, Nashville, Atlanta, Los Angeles, and Phoenix. None of these teams have more than 14 pts. This is the easy part of the schedule! Tonight Florida plays Anaheim, before returning home to play among other teams, The Detroit Red Wings.
It’s true, I’ll be watching almost every game. Just like I did last night. I am truly the Florida Masochist.
- Shape up or be dealt, FL Panther veterans told
- A year later- Florida and Richard Zednik defeat Toronto 5-4
- Florida Panther Richard Zednik rushed to hospital with neck injury
- Florida Panther Richard Zednik out for several weeks
- Holding on for dear life- Florida Panthers defeat Tampa 4-3
- Phoenix C Olli Jokinen to miss at least two weeks with shoulder injury
- How about them Florida Panthers?
- Rout- Florida Panthers beat Toronto Maple Leafs 8-0
- Banging my head against the wall- Florida blows 3-1 lead and loses to Edmonton
- Florida Panther Coach Jacques Martin gets his 500th victory
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed