« Previous | Home | Next »
Oklahoma City Thunder fire coach P.J. Carlesimo
It didn’t take long for the recently moved NBA franchise to fire its first ever coach.
The Oklahoma City Thunder, off to a league-worst 1-12 start in their new home town, have fired coach P.J. Carlesimo.
Assistant coach Scott Brooks has been named interim coach.
The Thunder dropped their 10th straight game on Friday night, a 105-80 home loss to the New Orleans Hornets. Sources told ESPN.com that Carlesimo was fired before the team boarded a flight to New Orleans for Saturday’s game against the Hornets.
I can’t fault Thunder management for blaming Carlesimo after a 1-12 start. Brooks will certainly improve on that record, but it won’t take much to do it.
- Oklahoma City Thunder rescind Tyson Chandler trade
- Toronto Raptors fire coach Sam Mitchell
- Who called the timeout?- NY Knicks beat New Orleans 113-96
- Sacramento Kings fire Reggie Theus coach
- Boston Celtics win 14th in a row, beat NO 94-82
- Kentucky Football Coach Rich Brooks retires
- Who forgot the D? New Orleans beats Golden State 135-131
- Don’t just stand there- NJ Nets fire coach Lawrence Frank
- San Francisco 49ers fire coach Mike Nolan
- Rolling Thunder- Oklahoma City beats Miami 100-87
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
| Permalink | Send TrackBack|
- Washington Wizards fire Coach Eddie Jordan linked with OTB Sports
Comments are Closed