That according to ESPN-
Brady Quinn finally got his chance, but it’s not going to end the way he envisioned.
After only three starts, the Cleveland Browns quarterback will be shut down for the season with a broken index finger, sources told ESPN’s Chris Mortensen on Tuesday.
Sources told ESPN that the team has not determined whether surgery will be necessary, but Quinn must stop all football activity for at least six weeks, ending his season.
Quinn and the Browns made the decision after the quarterback had been examined by noted orthopedist Dr. James Andrews in Birmingham, Ala., earlier Tuesday. According to FoxSports.com, the exam found that the break had gotten worse and was threatening tendons in the finger as well.
Derek Anderson, who lost his job to Quinn in Week 10, will return to the starting spot when the Browns host the Colts on Sunday.
The Browns, who are 4-7, won’t be going anywhere this post-season. The book is still out on Quinn as to whether he will be another bust at QB. His stats so far are far from impressive.
- Browns QB Anderson sprains left MCL, likely will be done for season
- Cleveland Browns go back to Derek Anderson as starting QB
- Seattle trades QB Seneca Wallace to Cleveland
- Brady Quinn holding out on the Cleveland Browns
- Battle of the
PitsOhio- Cincinnati beats Cleveland 14-0
- Cleveland Brown QB Brady Quinn fined by NFL
- Browns Trade Charlie Frye, Starting QB
- Shooting blanks- Baltimore Ravens beat Cleveland 16-0
- Cleveland Browns sign QB Jake Delhomme
- Cleveland Browns trade QB Brady Quinn to Denver
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
- Browns QB Anderson sprains left MCL, likely will be done for season linked with OTB Sports
Comments are Closed