Reminds me of college basketball scoring before the shot clock was introduced. From AP-
On Tuesday night, the Hoyas polished off undermanned Florida International 76-38.
Austin Freeman scored 17 points, Chris Wright had 14 and DaJuan Summers added 13 for Georgetown (9-1).
The Hoyas, who won their sixth straight, completely outclassed the Golden Panthers (4-9), who scored the fewest points in their history.
Florida International dressed 10 players — five of them walk-ons — and it was quickly apparent they weren’t in the Hoyas’ class. Georgetown led 23-4 with 10:31 left and were ahead 43-16 at halftime.
FIU was without its 3 best scoring players and shot barely 30%. This game was basically a warmup for Georgetown who faces #2 UConn on December 29th.
- The dumps- Carolina lose 10th in a row, Florida Panthers wins 3-0
- Are we ready for some Florida Panthers hockey?
- Crushed- Charlotte beats Miami 104-65
- Malaise- Calgary beats Florida 2-1
- Washington Capitals Mark Green sets new record for defensemen
- The incredible Tomas Vokoun
- Defense rests- Phoenix beats Minnesota 152-114
- Payback- Florida beats Atlanta 4-3
- How about them Florida Panthers?
- FIU loses to Northwood 71-61
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed