He had led the Black Knights for two years. From AP-
Army football coach Stan Brock has been fired.
Army athletic director Kevin Anderson notified Brock of the decision on Friday, six days after the Black Knights completed their season with a 34-0 loss to archrival Navy — their seventh straight loss to the Midshipmen. Brock compiled a 6-18 record in two years as coach.
Army, which finished 3-9 in each of Brock’s seasons, has not had a winning record since 1996.
Brock, a former NFL offensive lineman, served as Army’s offensive line coach for three years before replacing Bobby Ross in early 2007. He had no previous Division I college coaching experience.
Anyone with a theory as to why Army lags behind Air Force and Navy so far as their football programs go? Navy and Air Force have been if not top 25 teams, competitive and able to land a spot in a bowl game on a regular basis but not Army.
- Bobby Ross Resigns as Army Coach
- Ellerson leaves Cal Poly to take over at Army
- Navy defeats Army for the 7th straight time
- Navy promotes Ken Niumatalolo to head football coach
- Army fires basketball coach Jim Crews
- Air Force Coach Fisher DeBerry Retires
- Emory Bellard, creator of wishbone offense, dead at 83
- Navy’s Paul Johnson Takes Georgia Tech Job
- Navy, North Texas combine for 94 1st-half points
- Navy agrees to play in 2013 Bowl game
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed