I just received a news alert from WSFA in Montgomery, AL stating that Auburn head coach Tommy Tuberville has been fired.
I am not an Auburn fan, but rather just an observers of the world of Alabama college sports. This strikes me as a horrible move, given that he has really only had one bad season (i.e., this one).
Here are the basics: Report: Auburn Fires Tuberville
Tubberville was 85-40 in his decade with Auburn, including a 13-0 season in 2004 when the Tigers finished No. 2 in the nation.
But Auburn went 5-7 this year and was routed 36-0 by rival Alabama, currently ranked No. 1.
Apparently no official word from Auburn as yet, just a report out of the Birmingham News
- Auburn to name Iowa State’s Gene Chizik as football coach
- Tide King in Alabama Despite Auburn’s Recent Success
- College Football Rankings Stink
- Auburn’s Tuberville Calls for Playoff
- College Sports Costs Most Schools Money
- Samford University basketball player Jim Griffin dead at 23
- Tide Hires Rich Rodriguez
- Alabama Screwed in Both Polls
- Rich Rodriguez Likely to Be Offered Alabama Job
- Scoring Defense Key to NFL Success
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed