A .750 save percentage is not very good. From AP-
Scott Hartnell enjoyed a milestone day as the Philadelphia Flyers continued their winning ways at home.
Hartnell scored three goals, Jeff Carter added a pair and Antero Niittymaki stopped a season-high 47 shots as the Flyers snapped the Washington Capitals’ five-game winning streak with a 7-1 victory on Saturday.
Not only did Hartnell record his second hat trick in five games, the veteran left winger scored all of his goals within a span of 11:40 in the third period, the first time he had pulled the trick off in one period.
“It’s been a good couple of weeks,” said Hartnell, who scored three goals in a 6-5 win over Carolina on Dec. 11. “I just want to keep going, stay positive, and stay confident.”
Hartnell, who has five career hat tricks, scored on a scramble to give the Flyers a 4-0 lead at 4:45, hammered in a rebound at 7:29, and poked in a shot from the front of the left circle at 16:25.
Niittymaki, who has started the past three games in place of flu-ridden Martin Biron, was spectacular, especially in the first period when he stopped 25 shots, a Washington record for most shots in one period on the road.
Washington outshot the Flyers 25-6 in the first period, and 48-28 for the game.
Washington is now 20-11-3 for the season. They got a great player in Alexander Ovechkin but I don’t know if the Capitals got enough to make the Stanley Cup. They just didn’t impress me last season even though they ended up winning the Southeast division.
How did that Goalie Washington recalled yesterday do?
Johnson, who allowed three goals on 13 shots, was replaced at the start of the third period by Jose Theodore. He gave up four goals on 15 shots.
As I wrote yesterday- “Team pays tons of money for player who then stinks but team wonâ€™t bench or get rid of the player because they paid so much for them in the first place only compounding the original mistake.” See I am a hockey prophet.
- Home away from home- Tampa Bay beats Atlanta 2-1
- Collapse- Washington wins in shootout, beats Florida 5-4
- Philadelphia Flyers get dual hat tricks in 8-2 rout of Penguins
- No way Jose- FL Panthers rout Washington 6-2
- Capitals Alex Ovechkin scores 60th goal of the season
- Washington limits Vancouver to just 10 shots on goal
- Hard to believe- Philadelphia routs Carolina 6-1
- Having fun- Vancouver beats Phoenix 4-0
- Alex the Great- Washington trounces Toronto 6-1
- Does it look as if I need help?- Columbus routs Detroit 8-2
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed