The reborn NFL team went 4-12 this year. From ESPN-
Barely into another massive rebuilding project, the Cleveland Browns have already moved to Plan B.
Plan A — or Plan Cowher — has been scrapped.
Browns owner Randy Lerner made his second major move of the offseason Monday by firing coach Romeo Crennel, who lost 40 games in four seasons, never made the playoffs and went 0-8 against Pittsburgh, the only full-time Cleveland coach to go winless against the archrival Steelers.
Crennel’s dismissal came less than 24 hours after Lerner fired general manager Phil Savage following a 31-0 loss in Pittsburgh.
The Browns, who began the season pegged as one of the NFL’s rising teams and ended it at 4-12 and in last place, began their offseason with a disheartening loss.
Cowher is already saying he isn’t interested in the Cleveland job. As for Crennel, he had a chance to turn around the pathetic Browns. He didn’t do it, and I see Cleveland as more than justified in deciding it was time to move on.
Note- Oddly Crennel’s name came up a year ago after the Miami Dolphins fired Cam Cameron.
- Browns Fire Offensive Coordinator Maurice Carthon
- Cleveland Browns name
ballboyEric Mangini head coach
- Browns GM Savage sent message containing expletive in response to heckling e-mailer
- Browns Trade Charlie Frye, Starting QB
- Browns QB Anderson sprains left MCL, likely will be done for season
- Battle of the
PitsOhio- Cincinnati beats Cleveland 14-0
- Cleveland Brown LB D’Qwell Jackson out for the rest of the year
- Browns Fire Eric Mangini
- Browns Sign Center LeCharles Bentley
- Bettis Thinks Cowher Is Done After This Year
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
- Cleveland Browns name ballboyEric Mangini head coach linked with OTB Sports
Comments are Closed