The United States pulled a stunning upset in the biennial matches last September. From AP-
Corey Pavin has been selected the next U.S. captain for the Ryder Cup, leading a team in 2010 that will try to successfully defend the cup for the first time since 1993.
Pavin is a former U.S. Open champion with 15 victories on the PGA Tour. He played in three Ryder Cups and had an 8-5-0 record.
The 49-year-old Pavin takes over for Paul Azinger, who helped the U.S. end a decade of European dominance at the Ryder Cup with a 16Â½-11Â½ victory in September at Valhalla.
The U.S has not had a captain consecutive Ryder Cups since Ben Hogan in the 1940s.
Many people expected 2008 Captain Paul Azinger to return. Who wins the Ryder Cup comes down to which team makes the putts and other shots needed for a victory. I think the position of team captain is highly overrated.
- Paul Azinger names his four Ryder Cup Captain’s selections
- Format changes to 2008 Ryder Cup matches announced
- Let the Solheim Cup begin
- Ryder Cup starts tomorrow
- Paul Azinger named as 2008 US Ryder Cup Captain
- Ryder Cup course damaged by storm
- Beth Daniel named 2009 US Solheim Cup Team Captain
- Corey Pavin sets PGA 9-hole scoring record
- Ryder Cup Final Day
- Tiger Woods wins Buick Invitational; ties Arnold Palmer on all-time win list
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed