You may say Anaheim’s net minding last night was not at all like Swiss cheese. From AP-
Jonas Hiller figured that all the Edmonton Oilers’ shots he faced kept him sharp.
The Swiss goalie matched the Anaheim record with 51 saves, and turned aside three shootout tries in the Ducks’ 3-2 victory over the Oilers on Friday night.
Corey Perry scored in regulation and added the shootout winner in the Ducks’ first game on a five-game trip. Rob Niedermayer added a short-handed goal to help the Ducks improve to 18-12-3 with their fourth victory in six games.
Hiller, in goal with Jean-Sebastien Giguere on leave in Montreal following his father’s death, tied the franchise saves record set by Mikhail Shtalenkov against Ottawa in March 1998 and matched by Giguere against Detroit in March 2004.
Saving that many shots has to be fatiguing. Which is one of the worries I have with my favorite team, The Florida Panthers. Tomas Vokoun and Craig Anderson have been regularly asked to stop 40 shots in a night. Can they keep it up?
- Keep firing- NY Islanders beat Toronto 4-3
- Throwing in the towel- Phoenix beats Florida 4-3
- The Mighty Ducks- Anaheim beats San Jose 4-1, take series
- Banging my head against the wall- Florida blows 3-1 lead and loses to Edmonton
- Toronto Maple Leafs complete separate trades with Anaheim and Calgary
- Nikolai Khabibulin notches his 300th career win
- Ottawa Senators suffer 1st 7-game skid since 1996
- Roberto Luongo records 3rd straight shutout
- Ottawa Senator Daniel Alfredsson scores 7 pts in win over Tampa Bay
- Ducks, Senators Advance To Stanley Cup 2nd Round
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed