He had played just two games in a Oiler uniform. From the Canadian Press-
The Edmonton Oilers assigned centre Gilbert Brule to the AHL’s Springfield Falcons on Friday.
Brule had no points in two games with Edmonton after being recalled from the Falcons on Dec. 5.
Brule, 21, had eight goals and four assists in 15 games with Springfield prior to his recall.
Brule, a 6th overall pick of the Columbus Blue Jackets in the the 2005 NHL draft, has had a far from impressive career so far. A center with 12 goals in 148 career games and with a -28 rating to boot, just isn’t cutting it. Right now Brule looks like a draft bust, but at age 21 may be able to redeem himself.
- Columbus Center Derick Brassard out for the season
- Blue Jackets Pascal Leclaire is out for the season
- Does it look as if I need help?- Columbus routs Detroit 8-2
- Rookie Goalie Steve Mason stymies Washington, Columbus wins 3-0
- Snapped- Nashville beats Columbus 4-3
- Let the trading begin- Columbus sends Goalie Pascal Leclaire to Ottawa
- Columbus Blue Jackets fire Coach Ken Hitchcock
- Goalie Steve Mason at it again- Columbus blanks Ottawa 1-0
- NHL suspends Michael Peca for bumping ref
- NHL Draft Lottery Results
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
- Columbus Center Derek Brassard out for the season linked with OTB Sports
Comments are Closed