The final score yesterday was 3-0. If you wanted to get technical, Florida had beaten the Colorado franchise in a home game, but it was the team was still the Quebec Nordiques in 1994. In between 94 and 2008 Florida lost the regular season encounters in Florida between them and the Avalanche plus two Stanley Cup final games.
Highlights of last night’s game-
Tomas Vokoun stops all 23 shots on the way to his second shutout of the year.
Brett McLean scored his first goal of the season. It coming against his former team. Honestly I think Florida shoud dump McLean he gets too much play time in return for the scoring production he’s given Florida.
Florida is starting to make a believer of me. The win last night put them at 15-13-4, which is only 10th in the Eastern conference. Tampa Bay, Atlanta, and the New York Islanders are so stinking up the place that above .500 doesn’t cut it at the moment. But remember, Florida is 7-2-1 over their last 10 games and that came with vital players missing from the lineup.
It is still early to tell if Florida can make the playoffs for the first time in a decade. At the present moment, I think Panther fans have reason for hope.
- Payback- Florida beats Atlanta 4-3
- Holding on for dear life- Florida Panthers defeat Tampa 4-3
- Are the 2007-08 Florida Panthers over the hump?
- Rout- Florida Panthers beat Toronto Maple Leafs 8-0
- Florida Panthers- Do or die
- Crushed- Ottawa Senators beat Tampa Bay Lightning 7-1
- Get the puck out of there- NHL wrap-ups as league takes break for Christmas
- How about them Florida Panthers?
- That 70′s show- Florida outfights Philadelphia 4-1
- Post NHL All-Star game playoff assessment- Eastern Conference
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
- Columbus Center Derek Brassard out for the season linked with OTB Sports
- You gotta believe?- Florida and Tomas Vokoun shutout Nashville 3-0 linked with OTB Sports
Comments are Closed