She claims a beating she received from the MLB caused her to lose a baby. From the San Diego Union-Tribune-
Padres outfielder Brian Giles is being sued for more than $10 million by a former girlfriend who alleges he battered her while she was pregnant and caused her to suffer a miscarriage.
Giles, 37, has been advised by his agent, Joe Bick, not to comment on the matter.
â€œI have absolutely no comment,â€ Bick said.
Padres spokesman Warren Miller said the team was aware of the suit and declined further comment.
Plaintiff Cheri Olvera alleges in her complaint that she and Giles lived together since 2002 and became engaged around December 2005. However, the marriage never took place due to Giles’ violence toward her, the suit states.
A PDF file with the actual lawsuit can be read here. In it Ms. Olivera claims there are witnesses to four separate incidents.
If true, Giles is a low-life who deserves to be taken to the cleaners. There is nothing worse for a mother than to lose her child. I know, because my wife and I have our own personal losses.
- Hold the relish- Baseball Fan claims injury by hot dog
- New York Knicks Center Eddie Curry sued for sexual harassment
- Marcus Giles Signs with Padres
- MLB Outfielder Brian Giles retires
- Marcus Giles Has Heartburn, Not Heart Disease
- Fuzzy Zoeller sues law firm for Wikipedia posting
- Michael Jordan and Wife File for Divorce
- Marcus Giles and the Hometown Discount
- Ole Miss coach Andy Kennedy sues accuser, witness for defamation
- Former Los Angeles Clippers GM Baylor sues team, NBA
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed