I noted the other day over at my place that the DMN‘s Jean-Jaques Taylor hit the nail on the head in regards to the Cowboys’ disastrous season. He does so again in a column today regarding Wade Phillips’ claims that he is going to “change.” The whole piece is worth a read (if this is an issue that is of interest to you), but the last two paragraphs sum it up:
These days, though, Phillips wants you to believe he’s ready to embrace change. Frankly, the fact he’s willing to make substantial changes is the biggest indication that Jerry should’ve fired him.
It’s obvious the owner believes this team needs a different approach. It’s foolish to think Phillips can provide it.
Indeed. If Wade acknowledges that “change” is needed, what does that say about the way he has coached this team for the last two years?
- Fire Wade Phillips Today
- Wade Phillips Top Choice to Replace Parcells?
- Wade Phillips Gets to Work on Assembling Staff
- Cowboys Denied Talks with Chargers Assistants
- Wade Phillips a People Person
- Dallas Cowboys 2008 Draft – Day 1 Grades
- Has Jerry Jones Learned His Lesson?
- Jason Garrett New Dallas Cowboys Coach
- Cowboys Add Dat Nguyen and Wes Phillips to Coaching Staff
- Brian Stewart Cowboys New Defensive Coordinator
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed