He’s coached the Bulldogs for 10 years and taken them to one SEC tournament title. From ESPN-
Mississippi State coach Rick Stansbury was admitted Sunday night to Oktibbeha County Hospital with migraines and then went to Northeast Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo on Monday for more testing.
Assistant Robert Kirby told ESPN.com on Monday that he spoke with Stansbury and he fully expected him to coach the Bulldogs in Thursday night’s SEC/Big East Challenge against Cincinnati at U.S. Bank Arena.
Kirby said Stansbury had never experienced migraines before and wanted to get them checked when his condition did not improve. He said he wouldn’t be surprised if Stansbury attended practice Monday.
The Bulldogs are coming off a 19-point win over South Alabama after a loss at home to Charlotte in which the Bulldogs were “out-toughed,” according to Kirby. He said the Bulldogs went to a smaller lineup around shot-blocker Jarvis Varnado but are still looking for more on-court leadership moving forward.
I hope it is nothing serious. Get well coach.
- Former Missississippi State Coach Paul Davis dead at 87
- High school Coach bans Georgia Bulldogs staff from campus
- Cowboys Give Up on Drew Henson
- Former Arizona State sports coach William Kajikawa dead at 97
- Kirby Puckett, Hall of Famer, Dies at 44
- Tony Romo Cowboys’ New Starter Over Jerry Jones’ Objections
- UF’s Meyer: Dan Mullen will coach in BCS title game
- Shaquille O’Neal wants to be Orlando Magic GM
- Former NY Knick coach Isiah Thomas headed to FIU?
- Phoenix C Olli Jokinen to miss at least two weeks with shoulder injury
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed