He spent four years in Las Cruces.From ESPN-
New Mexico State fired coach Hal Mumme on Monday after a 3-9 record overall and 1-7 in the WAC this season.
New Mexico State lost the last seven games of the season. Mumme, the former Kentucky coach, was 11-38 in four years.
His contract was set to expire in 2010.
Which probably means Mumme will spend 1.5-2 years earning money for doing nothing. Not too bad for someone age 56. Why can’t I get fired by a college before my contract is up?
- Sacramento Kings fire Reggie Theus coach
- Cal hires Ex-Stanford coach Mike Montgomery
- Oregon St. fires basketball coach Jay John
- Michigan State Hires Cincy’s Mark Dantonio
- Jim O’Brien Wins $2.2 Million from Ohio State
- Jimbo Fisher FSU’s New Offensive Coordinator
- Dennis Erickson Takes Arizona State Job
- For less than a dollar a day- New Mexico State asks fans for snack help
- San Francisco 49ers fire coach Mike Nolan
- UNLV fires Football coach Mike Sanford
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed