For at least one more year. From AP-
Charlie Weis will return for a fifth year as Notre Dame’s football coach despite posting his second straight disappointing season.
“Though this past season fell short of the expectations that all of us have for our football program, I am confident that Charlie has a strong foundation in place for future success and that the best course of action is to move forward under his leadership,” athletic director Jack Swarbrick said in a statement released by the university Wednesday.
Weis has seven years left on a 10-year contract signed midway through his first season, but some fans had been clamoring for his firing after the Irish got off to a 4-1 start this season and finished 6-6.
Weis has an expensive 10-year contract. I suspect Weis will be around for at least 1 or 2 more years.
- Notre Dame fires coach Charlie Weis
- Charlie Weis Notre Dame Buyout $21 Million
- Mother of Boy Who Called Notre Dame Play Dies
- Yale head football Coach Jack Siedlecki retires
- New Mexico football coach Mike Locksley accused of sexual harassment
- UNLV fires Football coach Mike Sanford
- Penn State coach Joe Paterno given three-year extension
- Jim O’Brien Wins $2.2 Million from Ohio State
- Florida Gator Coach Urban Meyer to step down
- Arizona coach Lute Olson taking year off
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed