This comes three days after he shot himself in the thigh. From ESPN-
NEW YORK — New York Giants star receiver Plaxico Burress was charged with two felony counts of criminal possession of a weapon in the second degree Monday and released on a $100,000 bond.
Burress, who accidentally shot himself Friday night in the right thigh at a Manhattan nightclub, did not enter a plea on the class C felony charges, though his attorney said Burress planned to plead not guilty.
Manhattan Criminal Court Judge Felicia Mennin ordered Burress to return March 31.
Defense lawyer Benjamin Brafman argued for no bail, saying: “He has 35 million reasons to come back to court” — referring to Burress’ $35 million contract with the Giants.
I would think Plaxico would have as many reasons not to be carrying around firearms like he did. Carrying around a unlicensed gun isn’t very bright, and even more idiotic is getting yourself shot and put in jail because of it. Some athletes grew up in rough neighborhoods, but why do so many of them seem unable to avoid pitfalls of the life that their talent allowed them to climb out of?
- NY Giants release Plaxico Burress
- NY Giant WR Plaxico Burress pleads guilty to felony charge
- Gilbert Arenas pleads guilty to felony gun charge
- Manning Bowl I Goes to Peyton
- Comcast Sues NFL
- Teen posed as reporter at Shea Stadium
- Chicago Blackhawks Forward Patrick Kane pleads guilty to disorderly charge
- NFL Draft 2006 – Round 1 #14 – Philadelphia Eagles – DT Brodrick Bunkley
- New York Knicks Center Eddie Curry sued for sexual harassment
- NY Giants cut WR David Tyree
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed