It is claimed he punched a cabbie and used racial slurs against the man. From AP-
Police arrested Mississippi men’s basketball coach Andy Kennedy early Thursday after a cab driver said the coach punched him while calling him “bin Laden” and other racial insults.
A pretrial hearing has been set for Jan. 16. Kennedy was charged with a first-degree misdemeanor count of assault, which would carry a maximum sentence of six months in jail if he is convicted.
Kennedy denied the allegations and his attorney, Mike Allen, entered a written plea of not guilty in Hamilton County Municipal Court on Thursday.
Kennedy, a former assistant and interim head coach at Cincinnati, was set to coach the Rebels against No. 9 Louisville in the SEC/Big East Invitational later Thursday.
The complaint filed in Municipal Court alleges that Kennedy assaulted Mohamed Moctar Ould Jiddou and “punched victim with a closed fist while shouting racial slurs.”
Truly bizarre. If Kennedy is convicted or cops to a plea deal, Ole Miss would be justified in firing him.
- Ole Miss coach Andy Kennedy sues accuser, witness for defamation
- Cincinatti Bengals cut Chris Henry
- Judge: Duke Football Stinks
- Gilbert Arenas pleads guilty to felony gun charge
- NY Giant WR Plaxico Burress pleads guilty to felony charge
- Miss St. basketball coach Rick Stansbury hospitalized
- Former NFL RB Travis Henry will go to prison for cocaine distribution
- Jacksonville Jaguar Matt Jones arrested after violating plea deal
- MLB Pitcher Joe Kennedy dead at 28
- Tony La Russa pleads guilty to DUI charge
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
- Ole Miss coach Andy Kennedy sues accuser, witness for defamation linked with OTB Sports
Comments are Closed