Is it too early to start a Rick Tocchet gets fired watch? From AP-
Richards netted two goals, including the winner on a power play 2:05 into overtime, and the Philadelphia Flyers sent the Tampa Bay Lightning to their fifth straight loss with a 4-3 victory Tuesday night.
The Lightning missed an opportunity to win with 16.3 seconds left in regulation when Ryan Malone was awarded a penalty shot, but his attempt went wide when Martin Biron just got a piece of the puck.
“I didn’t know he was going to go wide, but I got a toe on it” Biron said.
Malone hit the post on a breakaway and was given the penalty shot when Philadelphia forward Scott Hartnell threw his glove at the puck
So far the Lightning are 1-3-4 under Tocchet. They were 6-7-4 under Barry Melrose before he was fired. I don’t think that coaching move has worked too well, do you?
This game was very annoying to me. Because of the NHL’s television package, other NHL games are not broadcast on the night of a Versus game if the games are played at the same time. So I didn’t get to watch a banged up Florida kick the crap out of Washington. Such a great television deal you negotiated NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman.
- Tampa Bay Lightning fire Coach Barry Melrose
- New York Islanders sign G Martin Biron
- Crushed- Ottawa Senators beat Tampa Bay Lightning 7-1
- Tampa Bay demotes Defenseman Lukas Krajicek
- Home away from home- Tampa Bay beats Atlanta 2-1
- Rick Tocchet pleads guilty in gambling case
- Florida Panthers and the Eastern NHL Conference at the half way mark
- Florida Panthers- A blah effort
- Tampa Bay Lightning fire Coach John Tortorella
- Thrown hockey stick leads to Colorado Avalanche victory
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed