The Czech goaltender shutout his former team The Nashville Predators by stopping all 27 shots on goal. Michael Frolik scored two of Florida’s three goals. The other was netted by Cory Stilman.
Florida is now 9-2-3 in their last fourteen games. That included a 5-game winning streak, so they are 5-1-1 on the road 4-1-2 on the road. This was the second straight whitewash by Florida with Vokoun in goal, they beating Colorado two days ago by the same score of 3-0.
With the win Florida is now 16-13-4. A month ago they were 7-11-1. What a turnaround and it happened with the team missing three of its biggest scorers for 5 or more games. No matter the outcome of other games tonight, Florida will still be 3rd in the Southeast Division going into the Christmas break. Next up is struggling Tampa two games in a row.
- Florida Goalie Tomas Vokoun gets no respect
- Florida’s 6-3 win over Boston puts them one point out of division lead
- Holding on for dear life- Florida Panthers defeat Tampa 4-3
- Florida Goalie Tomas Vokoun suffers head injury
- Florida Panthers beat Colorado for the first time ever at home
- The incredible Tomas Vokoun
- FL Panthers win in Edmonton for the first time since 1996
- The dumps- Carolina lose 10th in a row, Florida Panthers wins 3-0
- Banging my head against the wall- Florida blows 3-1 lead and loses to Edmonton
- To hell with them- Florida whips New Jersey Devils 4-0
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed