Never heard of the guy before this season. From ESPN-
The Detroit Lions agreed on a four-year deal Thursday with Tennessee defensive coordinator Jim Schwartz to be their coach.
Schwartz will attempt to lead a turnaround for the NFL’s first 0-16 team. The Lions fired Rod Marinelli two weeks ago and interviewed several candidates, including Dolphins assistant head coach Todd Bowles.
Schwartz will be introduced at a news conference Friday at Ford Field, the home of the Lions.
The 42-year-old Schwartz just finished his eighth season as the Titans’ defensive coordinator and his 10th on their staff. He interviewed for a second time with the Lions on Monday.
Detroit needs a miracle worker to get the franchise turned around. Schwartz has a thankless job ahead of him and I wish him good luck. He’s going to need it.
- Detroit Lions coach Jim Schwartz says drafting QB not out of the question
- Detroit Lions fire coach Rod Marinelli
- NFL- No Thanksgiving game or blackout rule changes for now
- Lions Fans Planning Stadium Walkout
- Former Detroit Lions Coach Monte Clark dead at 72
- Here we go again- Buffalo Bills fire Offensive Coordinator Turk Schonert
- Detroit Lions put two defensive backs on Injured Reserve
- Lions Assistant Coach Arrested For Driving Drunk, Nude
- Chargers Hire Norv Turner as Head Coach
- Detroit Lions K Jason Hanson ties all-time NFL field goal record
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed