It is not known if his victim will need a rabies shot. From AP-
The NHL acted swiftly after what happened in the first period of Buffalo’s 4-2 home win. Peters started the skirmish by shoving the palm of his glove into Ruutu’s face and pushing him into the boards at the Senators’ bench.
Ruutu responded by chomping down on Peters’ glove, catching his teeth on the player’s thumb, which is not padded. The force of Ruutu’s bite broke the skin and drew blood on the Peters’ right thumb. As Peters pulled away in pain, his glove was ripped off by Ruutu’s bite.
Peters was penalized for sparking the skirmish. Ruutu was not penalized.
Biting isn’t some kind of penalty? Only in the NHL.
Here’s the video of the incident
To be honest two games is a slap on the wrist, even with the lost salary. Suspend him for a couple of months. This behavior doesn’t belong in pro sports.
- NHL suspends Carolina Hurricane Tuomo Ruutu for 3 games
- Chris Simon takes leave from NY Islanders
- Buffalo Bills trade OT Jason Peters to Philadelphia
- NHL suspends Washington Defensemen Mike Green suspended for 3 games
- Terrell Owens Spits on DeAngelo Hall
- Montreal Canadien Maxim Lapierre suspended for 4 games
- NHL suspends Phoenix defenseman Ed Jovanovski for 2 games
- Dallas Stars Steve Ott suspended for eye goguing
- Detroit Tiger infielder Neifi Perez suspended for 80 games
- Not so fast- Felipe Massa declared winner of Belgian GP after Lewis Hamilton penalized
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed