Her margin of victory at the SBS Open was three shots. Michelle Wie finished a clear 2nd.
Michelle had a 3-shot lead with eight holes to go. She was in part done in by a bad tee shot on 11 that led to a double bogey. Some of Wie’s detractors will say she choked yesterday, I don’t think she did. Here’s why.
Angela Stanford played the last eight holes three under par in tough conditions, Wie played them in three over. Like many other players in the field, she struggled.
I’m sticking to my prediction- That Wie will be in the LPGA winner’s circle by year end. I may have underranked Stanford too. We have 9 more months of golf to find out if I am right.
- Michelle Wie- change of attitude
- In Kyung Kim wins Omega Dubai Ladies Masters
- Sun Young Yoo wins the Sybase Match Play Championship
- Ji-Yai Shin wins HSBC Women’s Champions
- In-Kyung Kim wins the Longs Drugs Challenge
- Jiyai Shin wins her 3rd LPGA event of 2009
- ADT Championship Day Two
- Michelle Wie Gets Accepted to Stanford
- Michelle Wie earns LPGA Tour card
- Happy 18th Birthday Michelle Wie
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed