The Cleveland Browns have traded talented and troublesome tight end Kellen Winslow to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers for undisclosed draft picks.
Winslow’s five years in Cleveland were marked by injuries and controversy. He missed most of his first two seasons with injuries, but made the Pro Bowl in 2007 after making 82 catches for 1,106 yards. He demanded a new contract after the ’07 season.
Last season, he was briefly suspended by the Browns after being hospitalized with a staph infection.
Winslow was the sixth overall pick in the NFL 2004 Draft. The son of Hall of Famer Kellen Winslow Sr., he had 219 receptions for 2,459 yards and 11 touchdowns in 44 games.
When healthy Winslow has been a good player. He had a run in with management last year and the trade may have something to do with that. Note- The AP article doesn’t tell the whole story of Winslow’s 2008 suspension. He got a staph infection, was suspended after criticizing the GM because the Browns have had a recent history of these outbreaks, but the suspension was subsequently lifted by the Browns Owner.
- Trade Down, Mr. Savage
- Seattle trades QB Seneca Wallace to Cleveland
- Browns Fire Offensive Coordinator Maurice Carthon
- Browns Trade Charlie Frye, Starting QB
- Cleveland Browns trade QB Brady Quinn to Denver
- NFL Draft 2006 – Round 1 #13 – Cleveland Browns (from Ravens) – DE Kamerion Wimbley
- Giants trade Carter for Droughns
- Battle of the
PitsOhio- Cincinnati beats Cleveland 14-0
- Dilfer to 49ers, Dorsey to Browns
- Cleveland Browns go back to Derek Anderson as starting QB
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed