This is definitely a blow for the team’s playoff hopes. From AP-
Dallas Stars center Brad Richards was placed on injured reserve Tuesday because of a fractured right wrist. He could miss the rest of the regular season.
Richards was hurt in the Stars’ 3-2 shootout win at Columbus on Monday night. He scored only 27 seconds into the game, but took a hard check midway through the second period and skated to the bench holding his right wrist.
The Stars medical staff evaluated Richards on Tuesday and determined that he will not need surgery. Richards, expected to be out six to eight weeks, will be re-evaluated in a month.
Richards had 48 points (16 goals, 32 assists) in 55 games for the Stars. He led the Stars with 179 shots, and was second for assists and points.
At present Dallas stands 6th in the Western conference but five teams are within 6 pts of them. If I had to place a bet, it would be the Stars don’t make the postseason.
- Philadelphia Flyers Defensemen Derian Hatcher retires
- Pujols Maybe Out Six Weeks
- Yao Ming out for the rest of the season with broken foot
- Chisox Carlos Quentin suffers self-inflicted wrist injury.
- Carolina Panthers QB Jake Delhomme out for season
- Chicago Bears LB Brian Urlacher out for the rest of 2009
- Second Chance- Detroit Lions beat Cleveland 38-37
- Minnesota Wild name Todd Richards as their next head coach
- Daunte Culpepper placed on Injured Reserve
- Dwyane Wade to opt for rehab
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed