Were there seven birthday candles on his cake too? From Harnessracing.com-
Dave Palone celebrated his 47th birthday in style on Friday at The Meadows, driving seven winners on the 14-race card, including a sweep of the three divisions of the Early Call, a late-closing series for 3- and 4-year-old filly and mare pacers. Ron Burke trains all three division winners, giving him a sweep as well.
The fastest time of the three $12,000 opening leg divisions was turned in by JK Reunited, who endured a parked-out first panel yet scored in 1:55.2 by a widening 3-1/2 lengths. Playful Terror rallied from well back to be second while Gentle Dragon saved show. Sylvia Burke, Weaver Bruscemi LLC, JJK Stables and M1 Stable own JK Reunited, a 4-year-old daughter of Bettor’s Delight-JK On Broadway.
Star Of India and Serenity Hanover took the other series splits.
The $25,000 Preferred Handicap Pace was the icing on the cake for Palone, who worked out an effective cover trip for Beau Rivage N from post position eight. Beau Rivage N earned his second straight victory in the Preferred, prevailing by a head in 1:53.2. Biletnikoff and It’sjustabeginning finished in a dead heat for place.
I doubt any of the races were gifts from the other drivers. What will Pallone do when he turns 50?
- Lakersâ€™ Brown in Cake Caper
- Loretta to sign with Astros
- Well said wins The Little Brown Jug
- Astros Sign Oswalt to 5-year, $73 million extension
- Tiger Woods Has 50 Tour Wins at Age 30
- Bettis Thinks Cowher Is Done After This Year
- Harness driver Yannick Gingras donates Friday earnings to Toys For Tots
- Harness horse driver Dave Magee wins 11,000th race
- NFL Draft 2009 Round 1 #14- New Orleans Saints- DB Malcom Jenkins
- Miami Wins Game 6, Claims NBA Title
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed