With 10 holes to go, Michelle Wie has a one shot lead over Angela Stanford. Stanford is in trouble on the par 5 9th hole. A two-shot swing could soon see Wie up by three.
The SBS Open isn’t over by any stretch of the imagination. I want to just something on record. If Wie wins today, expect to see a slew of articles about her breakthrough and how she could be the LPGA’s savior as the tour struggles in difficult economic times.
Honestly Michelle could save the LPGA. She is talented on the course and brings in people to watch tournaments she plays in. No one on the LPGA has her drawing ability with the public. Not Ochoa, Not Annika. No one in professional golf in the US except Tiger Woods.
I expect to see Johnny come latelies to start appearing next week.Some past critics will suddenly be singing her praises. I predicted Michelle in the top 10 money winners this year and make the Solheim Cup team. Her upside is, she could challenge Ochoa, Shin, Creamer, and Tseng for #1 on the money list. You heard it here first.
Update- Stanford holed a long putt for par. Wie made birdie and now she is up by two with two holes to go.
- Lorena Ochoa Wins Navistar LPGA Classic
- Angela Stanford wins 2009 LPGA season opener
- It certainly took long enough
- Ai Miyazato wins HSBC Champions in Singapore
- Tiger Woods rallies to win Dubai Desert Classic
- 2010 LPGA Tour preview
- Michelle Wie earns LPGA Tour card
- Season opener- PGA Tour SBS Championship begins today
- Tiger Woods wins Accenture Match Play
- Tiger Woods to return next week at Match Play
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed