The Ottawa Senators will be without Daniel Alfredsson for at least a week after their captain fractured his jaw during the team’s 3-2 overtime loss Tuesday night in Colorado.
The 36-year-old Swede was struck in the face by a puck and left the game for X-rays, but returned to finish the third period and overtime.
Alfredsson didn’t require surgery, but will miss Thursday’s home game against Vancouver.
“We’ll probably look at it again next week and see where it is and go from there.”
Hockey is a rough sport but the people who play it are resoundingly tough. I wouldn’t be back from a fractured jaw in just a week’s time.
The injury comes at a bad time for a team that still has hopes of making the playoffs.
Yes a team can still hope but Ottawa needs a miracle to make the playoffs. They are at present in 11th place in the Eastern conference and 13 points behind the four teams tied for 5th to 8th place. 8th place is the final playoff spot.
- Ottawa Senator Daniel Alfredsson scores 7 pts in win over Tampa Bay
- Ottawa Senators suffer 1st 7-game skid since 1996
- Ottawa’s Deny Heatley may miss six weeks due to shoulder injury
- Ottawa Senators trade Dany Heatley to San Jose
- Ducks, Senators Advance To Stanley Cup 2nd Round
- Ottawa Senators fire coach John Paddock
- Florida Panthers- Out of gas
- Philadelphia Flyer Jeff Carter out with a fractured foot
- Home sweet home- Vancouver beats Ottawa 5-1
- Ottawa Senators select Craig Hartsburg as new coach
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed