Eight months after winning the U.S. Open on one good leg, a healthy Tiger Woods is returning to golf. Woods said on his Web site Thursday that he will defend his title next week in the Accenture Match Play Championship, believing his reconstructed left knee and his game is good enough to win.
“I’m now ready to play again, Woods said.
The Match Play Championship in Tucson, Ariz., begins Wednesday, where Woods will end his 254-day break from competition.
This is great news for golf fans. For golf fanatics like myself, it is also welcome news. Now I won’t shake my head at yet the 108th article is written about-
Will Tiger be better when he comes back?
When will Tiger come back?
Will fatherhood make Tiger a better player?
Actually of those three, only the ‘When will Tiger come back articles’ are certain to end. The lemming mentality of the golf media still astounds me though it shouldn’t.
I’ll be watching next week.
- Tiger Woods doesn’t enter WGC-Accenture Match Play Championship
- Tiger Woods wins Accenture Match Play
- Matchless- Geoff Ogilvy wins Accenture Match Play Championship
- Tiger Woods to Skip the Nissan Open
- Tiger Woods- No set time for his return to golf
- Tiger Woods Misses Cut at U.S. Open
- Tiger Woods expected to skip Northern Trust LA Open
- Tiger Woods Wins Match in Record Time
- Spectator Infiltrates Tiger Woods Press Conference for Autograph
- Will the Palm Beach Post’s Carlos Frias please pick up the Blue courtesy phone
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed