Only five other drivers have reached that milestone. From Harnessracing.com-
Hall of Famer Dave Magee became only the sixth driver in North American harness racing history to record 11,000 driving victories when he guided Capture The Magic to a head decision in the 13th race at Balmoral Park Saturday night).
The always humble 55 year old, who has been a staple on the Chicago Standardbred circuit for decades, once again shrugged off his latest record setting accomplishment.
â€œWhen I was driving at the Amherst fair in Wisconsin back in the early ’70s I never would have dreamed about putting up numbers like this or having a career that would be this successful,â€ said Magee. â€œItâ€™s just by the grace of God and all the people Iâ€™ve worked for and driven for over the years that Iâ€™m in this spot.â€
Magee, who also boasts career earnings of more than $88.2 million which ranks him 11th all time, joins Herve Filion, Dave Palone, Tony Morgan, Cat Manzi and Walter Case Jr. as the only North American drivers to hit the 11,000 mark.
I’ve seen Manzi and Filion drive and maybe Case. Cat man and I are cousins but if we ever met it was 30 plus years ago.
- Harness driver-trainer Daryl Busse dead at age 67
- Harness Driver Dave Palone celebrates birthday by driving 7 winnners
- Univ. of Wisconsin LB arrested for DUI
- Harness driver Yannick Gingras donates Friday earnings to Toys For Tots
- Harness horse driver Wally Hennessey gets his 7000th career win
- Meadowlands bettors to get more handicapping info
- Miami Dolphins DE Randy Starks charged with aggravated battery
- Well said wins The Little Brown Jug
- The return of Grace Park?
- NCAA Bracket Poll Tips
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed